Maybe you have booked our French Summer Camp, or another Summer Camp….or maybe you are considering booking a Summer Camp. Here are some tips on how to prepare and how to be prepared for your time at Alpine French School’s French Summer Camp:
- Travel Documents: be sure to remember essential items such as passport, travel tickets, travel itinerary, emergency contact numbers, travel insurance, mobile phone (if you have one).
- Alpine French School Documents: remember your transfer confirmation details and remember to fill in our application form and all of the enclosed authorisations and to return this to us before you arrive either by scan or post.
- Money: you will only need a small amount of money as our package is designed to be all-inclusive. You will need a small amount of pocket money to buy presents, souvenirs and an occasional ice-cream or drink. However, we advise students not to bring huge amounts of money as this is their personal responsibility.
- Packing for your French Course: for your French lessons, please remember a pen to take notes, a notepad and a small dictionary.
- Packing for your stay in the French Alps:
You don’t need to dress up in Morzine, so casual clothes are fine!
Swimming costume **boys must wear swimming trunks not board-shorts in the swimming pool, board-shorts are ok in local swimming lakes so you can bring these too.
Casual trainers/flat shoes
Comfortable appropriate summer outdoor clothing, eg:
Cardigans/jumpers/fleeces for evenings
Light-weight waterproof jacket
Sunscreen (high-factor as we are at altitude so the sun is surprisingly powerful!)
Insect repellent & after-bite cream
Power adaptor for European plug sockets (2-pin plug)
Chargers for electrical items
Small rucksack to take on excursions
Study trainers or walking boots that you don’t mind getting wet/muddy
Swimming costume for watersports (to wear under a wetsuit)