If you are looking for an alternative to other Morzine holiday clubs for this summer, then read on…..
Why are Alpine French School Summer Activity & Language Camps the right fit for your children this summer?
- Specially designed for expat children and teenagers living in the Vallée d’Aulps
- Camps available from 6 – 10 years of age, divided into groups according to age and ability
- Courses available for 11 – 17 year olds at Collège and Lycée in France (see more info below)
- Courses available in French or English
- Half Days or Full Days with picnic lunch
- Suitable for all expat children, not just those who have recently arrived in the area
- Camps are held in central Morzine at the Ecole Sainte Marie
- Affordable pricing for local families* (please contact us for more info)
- Small group sizes
Why Alpine French School?
- Fully qualified and experienced teaching and activity staff
- Covid protocol and full supervision
- Choose the language you would like your child to work on in the language sessions (French workshops for expats or Inspire in English workshops – more details below)
- Great activities in the afternoon
- Reporting to parents via our app so you have full information about what your child has done during each day in his/her lessons and activities
- Perfect if you are looking for more than childcare for your children this summer.
We have a great team of qualified and experienced French teachers with experience of teaching French to expat children and English speaking children of all levels. Schooled in France and trained as teachers, they provide a wealth of knowledge and experience to help your child. Our English teachers are native speakers and fully trained. Our teachers use a variety of teaching methods depending on the level and objectives of the child they are teaching.
French for Expats
All expat children start at a disadvantage when entering the French school system with 2 languages to learn! Most cope extremely well, but a helping hand is always useful.
- Continuity of their French over the long summer holidays
- We work on their vocabulary which is often the area most lacking in expat children in the French school system
- We also concentrate on speaking skills in French which they don’t always get the opportunity to practice in school because of large class sizes
- We run these French sessions in the form of fun workshops so children don’t feel like they are being sent to school during their holidays. They take part in projects, fun activities, age-suitable games and songs to keep their interest.
Inspire in English
The idea is for children to discover the answers to the type of questions they ask about the world around them in a fun environment. We want to expand their knowledge and inspire them! With a mix of themes all approached in an interactive way, children will learn in English about a range of subjects as below. This will also expand their English vocabulary and their command of the English language. Themes will include:
- Inside your Body
- Plants and the nature around us
- Volcanoes, Natural Disasters and the Wonders of the World
- Stars and Planets
- Time, Weather and the Seasons
- Interesting History
Workshops will be taught by ex British primary school teachers, in English, in a fun way – as it is the school holidays after all! If you are interested in signing up your children and have other ideas about possible themes, please feel free to say….
- Children need be able to read and write in English
- Groups will be divided according to age
We will be holding enrolment days at Alpine French School, 934 Route des Bois Venants throughout May and June:
Tuesday 1st June 15h00-18h00
Tuesday 15th June 15h00-18h00
Tuesday 29th June 15h00-18h00
- Come along and chat to us about the right courses for your children
- Ask any questions you may have
- Book your place with flexible booking conditions
- Pay a deposit to secure your place (we accept cash, card, cheque or bank transfer)
- June 23rd, 2021
New from December 2021, Alpine French School is offering a little extra to help students. Meditation is renowned nowadays for many things: Reducing stress Increasing focus and concentration Increasing creativity Helping to balance emotions Reducing pain or perception of pain Reducing anxiety and improving self-esteem Reducing depression Increasing memory Some…Continue Reading
- June 22nd, 2021
If you are taking lessons with us and using government funding to finance your lessons, we wanted to warn you of a serious scam taking place at the moment and give you advice on what to do. The scam targets the CPF which is a fund that can be used by employed and self-employed people…Continue Reading
- June 10th, 2021
If you want to travel to France from the UK this summer, read on to find all of the necessary information to make your trip as smooth as possible. Current quarantine rules From 9th June, fully vaccinated Brits can holiday in France this summer with no need to quarantine upon…Continue Reading
- June 6th, 2021
We are so pleased to finally be able to welcome you back to our language school as of June. If you’re keen to work on your French in a group environment, here are the details of our upcoming group courses over the next 10 weeks. JUNE INTENSIVE COURSES (15 hours…Continue Reading