If you are looking for an alternative to other Morzine holiday clubs for this summer, then read on…..
Why are Alpine French School Summer Activity & Language Camps the right fit for your children this summer?
- Specially designed for expat children and teenagers living in the Vallée d’Aulps
- Camps available from 6 – 10 years of age, divided into groups according to age and ability
- Courses available for 11 – 17 year olds at Collège and Lycée in France (see more info below)
- Courses available in French or English
- Half Days or Full Days with picnic lunch
- Suitable for all expat children, not just those who have recently arrived in the area
- Camps are held in central Morzine at the Ecole Sainte Marie
- Affordable pricing for local families* (please contact us for more info)
- Small group sizes
Why Alpine French School?
- Fully qualified and experienced teaching and activity staff
- Covid protocol and full supervision
- Choose the language you would like your child to work on in the language sessions (French workshops for expats or Inspire in English workshops – more details below)
- Great activities in the afternoon
- Reporting to parents via our app so you have full information about what your child has done during each day in his/her lessons and activities
- Perfect if you are looking for more than childcare for your children this summer.
We have a great team of qualified and experienced French teachers with experience of teaching French to expat children and English speaking children of all levels. Schooled in France and trained as teachers, they provide a wealth of knowledge and experience to help your child. Our English teachers are native speakers and fully trained. Our teachers use a variety of teaching methods depending on the level and objectives of the child they are teaching.
French for Expats
All expat children start at a disadvantage when entering the French school system with 2 languages to learn! Most cope extremely well, but a helping hand is always useful.
- Continuity of their French over the long summer holidays
- We work on their vocabulary which is often the area most lacking in expat children in the French school system
- We also concentrate on speaking skills in French which they don’t always get the opportunity to practice in school because of large class sizes
- We run these French sessions in the form of fun workshops so children don’t feel like they are being sent to school during their holidays. They take part in projects, fun activities, age-suitable games and songs to keep their interest.
Inspire in English
The idea is for children to discover the answers to the type of questions they ask about the world around them in a fun environment. We want to expand their knowledge and inspire them! With a mix of themes all approached in an interactive way, children will learn in English about a range of subjects as below. This will also expand their English vocabulary and their command of the English language. Themes will include:
- Inside your Body
- Plants and the nature around us
- Volcanoes, Natural Disasters and the Wonders of the World
- Stars and Planets
- Time, Weather and the Seasons
- Interesting History
Workshops will be taught by ex British primary school teachers, in English, in a fun way – as it is the school holidays after all! If you are interested in signing up your children and have other ideas about possible themes, please feel free to say….
- Children need be able to read and write in English
- Groups will be divided according to age
We will be holding enrolment days at Alpine French School, 934 Route des Bois Venants throughout May and June:
Tuesday 1st June 15h00-18h00
Tuesday 15th June 15h00-18h00
Tuesday 29th June 15h00-18h00
- Come along and chat to us about the right courses for your children
- Ask any questions you may have
- Book your place with flexible booking conditions
- Pay a deposit to secure your place (we accept cash, card, cheque or bank transfer)
- September 23rd, 2021
Alpine French School now offers ‘Services à la Personne’ which means that you can use tax credits to get 50% off your French lessons. We are pleased to be able to offer affordable high quality French (& English) lessons for people living in the local area. There is no paperwork…Continue Reading
- September 15th, 2021
Why not visit Morzine during the next half-term holiday and enjoy learning French as well as enjoying the great mountain activities that Morzine has to offer! New, this year (2021 – 2022), we offer family French day camps in the school holidays : October half-term, Christmas & New Year,…Continue Reading
- September 15th, 2021
Being able to have a conversation in French is most people’s number one motivation to take French lessons. Why not take advantage of our special offer and get started with 5 hours’ conversation course for just 50€ ! Elementary level: 21st September – 19th October 2021 Tuesdays: 11h00-12h00 Intermediate…Continue Reading
- September 1st, 2021
We’re pleased to share with you our autumn calendar for our French group courses. If you’re keen to work on your French in a group environment, here are the details of our upcoming group courses over the 3 months. AUTUMN WEEKLY COURSES 13th September – 10th December 2021 …Continue Reading