Summer in the mountains is a completely different holiday experience to your normal all inclusive beach holiday, in fact, it’s better! Imagine – gorgeous views surrounding you, long days in the sun spent swimming in Alpine lakes or exploring the mountains on foot or bike, and finishing the day with a sunset BBQ spent with good friends or family.
Our team have put together a list of ‘Must Do Things’ in Morzine for your Summer holiday:
- Hiking in the Mountains – Morzine is surrounded by the beautiful French Alps, and there are many hiking trails that offer stunning views of the mountains and the valleys below. You can take a leisurely stroll or a more challenging hike, depending on your fitness level and preferences. You can also use the lifts that are open from mid June to access the mountains and then start your hike from there. Our favourite hike is from the Lindarets Bowl to Pointe des Mossettes, then you can take the chair lift back down. The views are incredible and you can stop at ‘Lac Vert’ on your way for a lunch break or coffee at the Refuge de Chesery there.
- Mountain Biking – Morzine is a popular destination for mountain bikers, with many trails that cater to different levels of experience. You can rent a bike and explore the trails on your own, or join a guided tour if you prefer. We recommend local companies who know the area well and can tailor your day on the mountain to your needs! For beginners, head up the Super Morzine for smooth greens and winding blues. For a more advanced level, take the Pleney bubble for steep reds and gnarly tree runs, or use this to head over to the easier runs of Les Gets bike park.
- White-water Rafting – If you’re looking for an adrenaline-pumping activity, try white-water rafting in the nearby rivers. Morzine has several companies, such as Frogs Rafting, that offer guided tours for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced. Rafting is also included in our Summer Camp Adventure Plus Programme for students over 12 years old, check it out here: /https://alpinefrenchschool.com/junior-french-summer-camp/day-camp/
- Paragliding – For a bird’s-eye view of the Alps, try paragliding. You’ll soar above the mountains and valleys, taking in the breathtaking scenery below. There are several companies in Morzine that offer tandem paragliding flights, so you can experience the thrill even if you have no previous experience. This is a very special experience and you get to see the mountains from a whole new perspective.
- Lac de Montriond – No summer holiday in Morzine is complete without a day (or two!) spent at Lac de Montriond. A beautiful alpine lake, that is perfect for a refreshing dip in after a hot day in the sun biking or hiking, you can also rent paddle boards and kayaks to get out onto the water. There is a small kids pool, a crazy golf course, and pony rides – perfect for families. Numerous restaurants are located around the lake, so even if you forget your picnic you’ll be catered for!
We can’t wait to see you in Morzine this summer, so don’t hesitate to contact our team to start the booking process for your perfect French holiday!
On Saturday 15th July the Tour de France will arrive in Morzine. The Tour will depart from Annemasse on Saturday morning and head towards Samoëns. From there, the riders will have to conquer the winding road to the Col de Joux Plane, at 1691 m altitude, that separates the valleys…
Our ‘Family Camp’ is one of our most popular options for parents and children to study with us during the summer season, but it’s also the option that we get asked the most questions about! So we thought we’d put together a quick blog for the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ and…
- March 28th, 2023
- Activities Juniors
Summer 2022 feels like a long time ago, especially now we have snow in Morzine. But what a Summer it was! Our Summer Camp kicked off with a busy week as Morzine hosted the starting stage of Le Tour de France and the bi-annual Harley Day’s Festival. We managed…
If you have never skied before and are looking to spend a holiday, or perhaps a season in the french alps, you have a lot to think about. From what clothes you need, how many layers to put on, to equipment and overall fitness, the experience is definitely a new…