Being able to have a conversation in French is most people’s number one motivation to take French lessons.
Why not take advantage of our special offer and get started with 5 hours’ conversation course for just 50€ !
21st September – 19th October 2021
23rd September – 21st October 2021
The conversation toolbox
Regardless of your level, there are tools that you need before you can hold a conversation that is longer than a couple of painful exchanges!
- Phonetics or pronunciation: the basics to make yourself understood and also be able to identify sounds and familiarize yourself with unreasonable so-called French pronunciation rules!
- Listening skills: it’s all very well to be able to speak some French but highly frustrating if you don’t understand French people… The above pronunciation will help but also we can help you with practice and simple techniques to improve your understanding when people speak French.
- Linking words: all those little words that you keep hearing and have no idea what they mean because they are the colloquial words that structure French conversation.
- Vocabulary: well, let’s face it, a lot of human conversation (well, French conversation anyway) is about giving your opinion, justifying why you did or said something, arguing, making a point, disagreeing (and sometimes agreeing haha!) and asking clear questions. You need this part for your daily French life!
Juggling with the tools!
Let’s juggle with the tools in real situations and practice your new conversation skills.
- Get real and face the situations in French with role plays
- Have the opportunity to freely speak and have your French adjusted and corrected (whether it be pronunciation, structure, vocabulary)
- Lead conversations on different topics
- Initiate conversations with different roles, for example: I am the unhappy one OR I am the one dealing with the unhappy one.
- Speak the French that French people speak!
- September 23rd, 2021
Alpine French School now offers ‘Services à la Personne’ which means that you can use tax credits to get 50% off your French lessons. We are pleased to be able to offer affordable high quality French (& English) lessons for people living in the local area. There is no paperwork…Continue Reading
- September 1st, 2021
We’re pleased to share with you our autumn calendar for our French group courses. If you’re keen to work on your French in a group environment, here are the details of our upcoming group courses over the 3 months. AUTUMN WEEKLY COURSES 13th September – 10th December 2021 …Continue Reading
- June 23rd, 2021
New from December 2021, Alpine French School is offering a little extra to help students. Meditation is renowned nowadays for many things: Reducing stress Increasing focus and concentration Increasing creativity Helping to balance emotions Reducing pain or perception of pain Reducing anxiety and improving self-esteem Reducing depression Increasing memory Some…Continue Reading
- June 6th, 2021
We are so pleased to finally be able to welcome you back to our language school as of June. If you’re keen to work on your French in a group environment, here are the details of our upcoming group courses over the next 10 weeks. JUNE INTENSIVE COURSES (15 hours…Continue Reading