We all have heavy hearts about the decisions made by the French government this last week to keep resorts, bars and restaurants closed until January 2021. The situation is complicated and we understand the decisions but these will have a huge impact on Morzine, the Alps and the ski industry.
If you are in the Morzine area and are interested in improving your language skills then read on….throughout the winter season, Alpine French School will be offering a range of French and English courses for adults and children.
For locals and seasonnaires
If you are living and working in the Morzine area and would like to improve your French while you can’t work or ski, then Alpine French School will be offering:
- Courses for seasonnaires in December and January. More info here
- Weekly group lessons from January to March
- French courses for ski instructors to help them teach skiing more proficiently in French for the likely increase in French clients this winter
- Online lessons throughout the season
- Private or small group lessons tailor-made to your levels & objectives
- To provide tutors to companies to train their staff who are unable to work or for sessions before before they start their contracts in January
*Remember that most of these options can be financed using government training budgets.
For Tourists over Christmas & New Year
There are many wonderful things to do in Morzine over Christmas and New Year even without the ski slopes being open. Morzine as a resort is working hard to offer a wide range of activities that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The Christmas period is a time that is full of cultural traditions so why not make use of this time to learn a little more French and learn about French traditions for the festive period.
Alpine French School can offer:
- Private or small group lessons tailor-made to your levels & objectives. Suitable also for children and families.
- To provide tutors at our central Morzine school for children or teenagers studying French at school. Exam preparation available for GCSE, IGCSE, IB, A-level….
- All of our courses are available over Zoom, Skype or Face-time if you prefer.
For local children and teenagers
Alpine French School will also be running courses for local children and teenagers to work on their French or English during the Christmas holiday period.
- If you are expats living, maybe your children could do with a little boost to help them with their French schoolwork?
- Or maybe you would like to take this opportunity for them to work on their English reading and writing skills that they don’t get the chance to develop at French school?
- Or maybe they are at collège or lycée and need some targeted help with more advanced French grammar or literature that they are studying
- January 13th, 2021
We are pleased to announce that bookings are now open for Summer 2021! We have been working hard to make our 2021 French Summer Camps better than ever before. 2020 was a difficult year and everyone deserves a great summer break in 2021…. A new activity programme including great adventure…Continue Reading
- January 8th, 2021
If you are here in Morzine for the winter and like many of us, you have some spare time on your hands, why not make good use of your time to work on your French! Alpine French School are running a variety of courses both at our school and online.…Continue Reading
- December 16th, 2020
Are you an English speaking family living in France? If your children and teenagers are schooled in France, they may need a little helping hand with their English since their education is all conducted in French. If you are interested in giving their English a boost during the school holidays…Continue Reading
- December 11th, 2020
We are running French Clinics for children and teenagers during the Christmas and New Year holidays 2020 – 2021. These clinics or workshops are not traditional French Lessons. They are run by our qualified, native-speaker teachers who are experienced in French teaching for all levels and ages. During these clinics,…Continue Reading