Learn French and Mountain Biking - what to expect
- Combine your passion for mountain biking with your passion for the French language
- Morzine offers downhill or cross-country mountain biking
- Explore the trails & bike parks of Morzine, Châtel and Les Gets.
- Combine mountain biking in the morning when conditions are better, with an Intensive French Course in the afternoons
- And enjoy mountain biking all day at weekends!
Mountain Biking in Morzine & The Portes du Soleil
Enjoy stunning alpine scenery and world class downhill and cross country trails, north shore and bike parks in Morzine, Les Gets, Chätel, Avoriaz Champéry & Morgins. The ski-lifts re-open in the summer and people swap their skis and snowboards for mountain bikes and Morzine becomes a mountain biking mecca.
- Over 650 km of Marked Trails
- 12 Village resorts across France and Switzerland
- 22 Ski Lifts adapted to carry bikes
- 5 Bike Parks (plus 4X and Freeride Areas)
- 7 North Shore Routes
- 30 Purpose Built Downhill MTB Trails
- Endless Singletrack
Downhill mountain bikers can enjoy the steep, technical descents after taking a ski-lift up; maximum enjoyment and minimum pedalling!
If you are into freeriding, there are purpose built freeride, north shore and dirt jump areas with plenty of rooty dropoffs, jumps and rock drops to be discovered off the beaten track.
Cross-country mountain bikers can explore many kilometres of trails including forest sections, tech rocky switch-backs, fast flowing singletrack, exposed high Alpine routes, though to gentle cross country journeys in stunning Alpine valleys.
There is also plenty on offer for beginners and families with marked “Green” XC routes and purpose built beginners downhill trails to hone your skills on.
On your Learn French and Mountain Biking course, explore the mountains during the day, then improve your French when you get back from your day’s adventures. Stay for a week or longer! Choose from a selection of lesson packages depending on how much time you want to spend studying during your stay in Morzine.
- If you would like to book or receive more information, or if you have any questions, please email us via our booking form
- We evaluate all of our students before enrolling them on a course to ensure that everyone is placed in a group of a suitable level. We also like to discuss students’ objectives for their course to ensure that everyone is placed on a course that suits their aims in French language learning.
All of our programs are tailor-made to the needs of the individual classes and are relevant to their level and objectives. We always include plenty of conversational activities and our focus is on speaking and listening skills and making conversational activities a priority. Our teachers enjoy keeping up to date with all the latest ideas in education and are constantly developing new fun lessons to ensure that students progress as much as possible while enjoying their learning with Alpine French School.
Standard package for one week:
Standard package (no guiding) for one week:
Luxury package for one week:
Not included but we can arrange for you:
One to one French lessons
Lift-pass other than during guided sessions.
Other Course Options
Mix and match from all of our accommodation & course options:
Accommodation: host family, apartment or hotel.
Choose from our range of French courses
Your course fees will depend on the package you choose.
Add options: airport transfers, bike-hire, lift-pass, additional French one-to-ones
Courses from 799€
|Course Dates||Course Dates|
|Courses run all summer from 2nd July|| to 31st August 2018|