Current quarantine rules
Travel to France:
– The UK is currently on France’s ‘orange’ list
– This means you’ll need to provide proof that you’ve received both vaccines (the NHS app is acceptable) at least 2 weeks before you travel
– You’ll also need to provide a negative antigen test taken 48 hours before departure OR a PCR no older than 72 hours before travel.
– The children of fully-vaccinated parents aged 11 and under can also travel without being vaccinated themselves, but they must also take an antigen test and return a negative result 48 hours before departure.
Return to the UK:
– France is on the UK’s ‘amber’ list at present
– This means you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test before leaving France for your return to the UK. Morzine has the capability to provide both PCR and antigen tests, more on that below.
– You’ll quarantine for 10 days and take 2 further tests on your return to the UK. You can pay for an extra test to do a test and release for a shorter quarantine.
Before you travel back to England you must:
- take a COVID-19 test
- book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 travel tests – to be taken after arrival in England
- complete a passenger locator form
On arrival in England you must:
- quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
- take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
- After 5 days you have the option to pay for the test and release scheme. More information here: https://www.gov.uk/
guidance/coronavirus-covid-19- test-to-release-for- international-travel
You can read the full information here about travel to and from the UK: https://www.gov.uk/
Testing Facilities in Morzine:
PCR Tests (valid for 72h)
The nurse at the medical centre in Morzine offers tests without advance appointment, Monday to Friday, 8am – 8.30am and 5pm – 5.45pm. You do not have to have symptoms to access these tests, making them good for travel. Currently, test results are being returned within 24 hours. Should demand for PCR tests increase, capacity can also increase.
* The cost for these tests to UK travellers will be confirmed ASAP! (Again, if you have this info, please let us know!)
The Grande Pharmacie de Morzine offers tests between 8.30am and 9.30am and 2.30pm and 3.30pm every day. These tests are free of charge for all, but must be booked in advance (contact details below). Results are returned within 15/20 minutes. The pharmacy has the capacity to perform more tests and extend the testing times if there is demand from travellers this summer.
*Book your antigen test by calling +33 (0) 4 50 74 70 23, by email at contact@pharmaciemorzine.
Travel between EU countries
Travel is more straightforward between most EU countries. Please check individual country information to be sure if tests are required in addition to proof of vaccination.
- June 6th, 2021
We are so pleased to finally be able to welcome you back to our language school as of June. If you’re keen to work on your French in a group environment, here are the details of our upcoming group courses over the next 10 weeks. JUNE INTENSIVE COURSES (15 hours…Continue Reading
- May 3rd, 2021
If you are looking for an alternative to other Morzine holiday clubs for this summer, then read on….. Why are Alpine French School Summer Activity & Language Camps the right fit for your children this summer? The basics: Specially designed for expat children and teenagers living in the Vallée d’Aulps…Continue Reading
- April 29th, 2021
Did you know that you may have accumulated a personal training credit that you can use towards French lessons for free? If you want to learn French using your CPF, then read on for more info…. This is called the CPF (compte Personnel de formation) and in order to be…Continue Reading
- April 27th, 2021
The Fête du Travail always falls on 1st May and is a bank holiday in France, like in many countries around the world. This was first celebrated in France in the late 18th century. In America, the equivalent is Labor Day and this was first celebrated on Tuesday 5th Septembre…Continue Reading