Current quarantine rules
Travel to France:
– The UK is currently on France’s ‘orange’ list
– This means you’ll need to provide proof that you’ve received both vaccines (the NHS app is acceptable) at least 2 weeks before you travel
– You’ll also need to provide a negative antigen test taken 48 hours before departure OR a PCR no older than 72 hours before travel.
– The children of fully-vaccinated parents aged 11 and under can also travel without being vaccinated themselves, but they must also take an antigen test and return a negative result 48 hours before departure.
Return to the UK:
– France is on the UK’s ‘amber’ list at present
– This means you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test before leaving France for your return to the UK. Morzine has the capability to provide both PCR and antigen tests, more on that below.
– You’ll quarantine for 10 days and take 2 further tests on your return to the UK. You can pay for an extra test to do a test and release for a shorter quarantine.
Before you travel back to England you must:
- take a COVID-19 test
- book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 travel tests – to be taken after arrival in England
- complete a passenger locator form
On arrival in England you must:
- quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
- take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
- After 5 days you have the option to pay for the test and release scheme. More information here: https://www.gov.uk/
guidance/coronavirus-covid-19- test-to-release-for- international-travel
You can read the full information here about travel to and from the UK: https://www.gov.uk/
Testing Facilities in Morzine:
PCR Tests (valid for 72h)
The nurse at the medical centre in Morzine offers tests without advance appointment, Monday to Friday, 8am – 8.30am and 5pm – 5.45pm. You do not have to have symptoms to access these tests, making them good for travel. Currently, test results are being returned within 24 hours. Should demand for PCR tests increase, capacity can also increase.
* The cost for these tests to UK travellers will be confirmed ASAP! (Again, if you have this info, please let us know!)
The Grande Pharmacie de Morzine offers tests between 8.30am and 9.30am and 2.30pm and 3.30pm every day. These tests are free of charge for all, but must be booked in advance (contact details below). Results are returned within 15/20 minutes. The pharmacy has the capacity to perform more tests and extend the testing times if there is demand from travellers this summer.
*Book your antigen test by calling +33 (0) 4 50 74 70 23, by email at contact@pharmaciemorzine.
Travel between EU countries
Travel is more straightforward between most EU countries. Please check individual country information to be sure if tests are required in addition to proof of vaccination.
- September 23rd, 2021
Alpine French School now offers ‘Services à la Personne’ which means that you can use tax credits to get 50% off your French lessons. We are pleased to be able to offer affordable high quality French (& English) lessons for people living in the local area. There is no paperwork…Continue Reading
- September 1st, 2021
We’re pleased to share with you our autumn calendar for our French group courses. If you’re keen to work on your French in a group environment, here are the details of our upcoming group courses over the 3 months. AUTUMN WEEKLY COURSES 13th September – 10th December 2021 …Continue Reading
- June 23rd, 2021
New from December 2021, Alpine French School is offering a little extra to help students. Meditation is renowned nowadays for many things: Reducing stress Increasing focus and concentration Increasing creativity Helping to balance emotions Reducing pain or perception of pain Reducing anxiety and improving self-esteem Reducing depression Increasing memory Some…Continue Reading