We talked to our friends at Attack Attack Snowboard Shop in Morzine to find out how you should choose your snowboard for winter 2015….
What are the things you should bear in mind when choosing a snowboard?
Things to bear in mind are the level of the rider, the weight, height and shoe-size.
Can I get one snowboard that is good for all types of riding?
There are several types of snowboards:
- All-mountain: these are the most popular snowboards, they are great on piste, off-piste and for freestyle.
- Pure Free-style: these are snowboards designed primarily for park riding (jumps and rails)
- Free-ride: these are for powder lovers and such boards are usually longer and stiffer.
What is the price range of your snowboards?
The price range varies depending on on the quality of the board in terms of its production ad the technology used. You could say it’s a bit like a car! Prices start at 320 euros and go up to 3200 euros!! 3200 euros was for a carbon snowboard made for the boss of Libtech though not the price of an average snowboard!
Can people test snowboards before buying them?
It’s really important to test a snowboard before buying it if possible but unfortunately we don’t have all models on test. There is a snowboard test in Avoriaz every year and you can test as many boards as you like if you leave your passport. Board-tests are a great idea.
What are rocker/camber and how do these affect my choice?
- The rocker is a snowboard that is shaped a little like a banana. It is a shape that allows you to ride powder and free-style without getting tired legs. It’s best to choose this type of board 2-3cm shorter than usual. This is the shape that is in fashion at the moment and for the last 5 years.
- The camber is the opposite to the rocker, so the nose and tail of the snowboard touch the ground.
What other advice can you give us?
If you are beginner you don’t need to spend a fortune on a snowboard; the most important thing is to buy good boots and then good bindings.
- October 5th, 2019
I know we don’t all want to wish the summer away, but with the weather like it is at the moment there is definitely a chill in the air. And did you know there are less than 100 days until Christmas? Have you already started to browse the internet…Continue Reading
- June 3rd, 2019
So who else loves Summer in Morzine as much as Winter? Hands up! ME :) I was lucky enough to be able to join the crowds this weekend for the first lift openings of the Mountain bike season in Les Gets….. and what a weekend on the trails we all…Continue Reading
- April 12th, 2019
If you’ve decided to sign up to one of our intensive french courses this spring and summer and are hoping it’ll make a real difference to your french then we’re sure you won’t be disappointed. We have courses running throughout June, July and August and we’re confident that by the…Continue Reading
- April 3rd, 2019
It’s a big claim, but we’re going to make it. We think Morzine is THE place in the world to do an intensive french course. Obviously the world is a big place and we haven’t been able to 100% verify our claim but we have some very solid supporting evidence……Continue Reading